Oct 3, 2012 / 2:18 pm
The Regional District of The Central Okanagan was selected by the TD Friends of the Environment Foundation (TD FEF) and Tree Canada to receive a $15 000 TD Green Streets grant for the Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park.
A brief cheque presentation and tree planting ceremony was held this morning at the Gellatly Nut Farm and was attended by members of the RDCO, TD Canada Trust and even West Kelowna Mayor Doug Findlater.
The Funding is expected to go a long way in supporting the Regional District of the Central Okanagan – Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park Heritage Tree Inventory and Nut Orchard Management Plan, which includes the inventory of over 600 trees and 1179 hazelnut shrubs as well as the nut orchard management plan and future establishment of a nut tree arboretum in the park.
The grant is a special honour for the RDCO as there were 72 applicants for the 2012 Green Streets program and they were one of only 21 municipalities selected to receive it.
Now the community will have the chance to watch this innovative project come to life and make the Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park better than ever!
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Missing man located May 14
- Cops bust another West Kelowna grow May 14
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11