Oct 3, 2012 / 4:39 pm
The District of West Kelowna is creating a Westbank Cemetery Strategy seeking to provide more options for memorials and improve the appearance of this important community amenity.
West Kelowna Council is considering a phased upgrade to the Westbank Cemetery, 3200 Elliott Road, including the potential construction of a mausoleum and/or columbarium and upgrading the dry cemetery to green.
The public is being invited to provide input into what improvements they would like to see at the cemetery through a survey.
The survey is available online at www.districtofwestkelowna.ca on the homepage or people can obtain a paper survey at West Kelowna Municipal Hall, 2760 Cameron Road.
Completed surveys must be submitted by October 15, 2012.
For more information, please contact the Financial Services Department at 778-797-2220.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9