Oct 3, 2012 / 10:49 am
Bad bat gets in the way of police.
Police say they arrested a U.S. man after he showed up at a crime scene wearing a Batman outfit because he wouldn't leave them alone.
"He wouldn't clear the scene, and we had a canine out there, and he kept screwing up the scent," State Police Sgt. Jeff Gorno told the Petoskey News-Review.
"He said he wanted to help us look for the driver."
Mark Wayne Williams, 33, was charged in Saturday's incident with resisting and obstructing police in an investigation.
Williams also was arrested last year after police received a report of a man dressed as Batman on the roof of a local business.
He was sentenced to six months of probation, during which he was forbidden to wear costumes.
Read more World News
- A parade fit for a Queen
- Hezbollah vows to keep fighting in Syria
- Woman mauled by chimp can't sue state
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
- Nazi SS commander found in Minnesota
- Syria's Assad used chemical weapons
- Colorado wildfire destroys 360 homes
- 93,000 confirmed killed in Syrian conflict
(Click for RSS instructions.)