Nov 7, 2012 / 6:40 am
Come and meet the press.
Castanet news staff will be serving up free coffee today (Nov. 7) at the Streaming Cafe, 596 Leon Ave., from 8 to 11 a.m.
Come meet the news team; share your story ideas and your photos. Tell us what you like and how we can make Castanet even better.
Talk to one of our journalists and get a coupon for a free drip coffee, a tea or $2 off a specialty beverage.
Scheduled to be on location for Castanet are:
- Wayne Moore
- Jen Zielinski
- Trevor Rockliffe
- Rob Balsdon
- Deborah Pfeiffer
"It's a way for us to meet our readers and for them to have access to our journalists. No texts, no emails, no FaceTime, just real time, face to face," says News Director Trevor Rockliffe.
"Our readers are the best. If it happens they tell us about it. If they see it they shoot it and send us the pics and video. It gives us a big advantage to have so many people watching out for news and sending us tips. Now they can meet the team and put a face to the people they email."
Come down and have a coffee or drink on us.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15