Oct 3, 2012 / 7:01 am
At approximately 10:30 p.m. (Mountain Time) on Tuesday October 2, a Cranbrook RCMP member attempted to stop a suspected stolen vehicle that was involved in a car jacking earlier in the day in the Creston area.
During the incident the officer discharged his service pistol. Two suspects were taken into custody, the male suspect was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The female suspect remains in police custody. The officer was not injured.
This incident is being investigated by the Independent Investigations Office of BC (IIO).
The scene has been secured in anticipation of their arrival. As the IIO now has jurisdiction over this matter any further updates and information will be provided by the investigating agency and therefore media inquiries should be directed to the IIO.
Read more BC News
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
(Click for RSS instructions.)