Oct 3, 2012 / 7:01 am
At approximately 10:30 p.m. (Mountain Time) on Tuesday October 2, a Cranbrook RCMP member attempted to stop a suspected stolen vehicle that was involved in a car jacking earlier in the day in the Creston area.
During the incident the officer discharged his service pistol. Two suspects were taken into custody, the male suspect was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The female suspect remains in police custody. The officer was not injured.
This incident is being investigated by the Independent Investigations Office of BC (IIO).
The scene has been secured in anticipation of their arrival. As the IIO now has jurisdiction over this matter any further updates and information will be provided by the investigating agency and therefore media inquiries should be directed to the IIO.
Read more BC News
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
(Click for RSS instructions.)