Oct 2, 2012 / 7:45 pm
Forestry and local fire crews are on the scene of a 35 hectare wildfire burning near Cawston.
Initial calls came in around 4 p.m. The blaze is along the hillside near Highway 3 and Barcelo Road.
Air tankers were deployed to assist ground crews and they have now finished their runs.
According to Fire Information Officer Fionna Tollovsen, forestry has 7 personnel on site. They will remain there throughout the night.
The fire is not contained and Tollovsen says winds did increase fire behaviour earlier in the evening.
At this time there is no evacuation order.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Three arrested in drug bust May 15
- Preventive work at Oliver flood zone May 13
- Motorcycle crash kills one near Penticton May 12
- Rally to help Penticton children's festival May 10
- Nature festival returns to Okanagan May 10