Sep 29, 2012 / 1:53 pm
There have been two more marijuana seizures in the North Okanagan.
On September 7, officers of the Lumby/Cherryville RCMP attended a residence at 161 Lewis Road in Lavington following a brief investigation.
They seized 280 marijuana plants and other equipment from the basement of the home. The homeowner will not be charged because the person had a license to possess marijuana, but not grow it.
A few weeks later on Sept. 21, police also seized and destroyed 230 marijuana plants from an outdoor grow-op on Crown land near Grazer Lake.
An RCMP helicopter pilot flying overhead spotted the field, and since the plants were on Crown land, no search warrant was needed.
--by Ragnar Haagen
Read more North Okanagan News
- Fire at Monte Creek hit hard May 7
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Chase May 7
- Man presumed drowned in the Shuswap May 6
- $70,000 in stolen goods recovered May 6
- Home invasion with bats and knives May 3