Sep 28, 2012 / 3:00 pm
Looking to pick up a pair of shoes for $5 - cocktail dress or fur coat for $20 - perhaps you're looking for a unique, one of a kind Halloween costume?
You will find those and then some Saturday at the Kelowna Actors Studio costume and clothing sale.
The Actors Studio every few years as a way to move out older costumes and to benefit the Kelowna Actors Studio Foundation.
"Every two years we do a big costume sale because we have 4,000 or 5,000 costume pieces that we've used on an on-going basis to get room for the new stock because we are starting our 10th anniversary season.," says Artistic Director, Randy Leslie.
"We have shoes, costume pieces from shows like 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.' We have dresses from the 1950's and 60's, ordinary clothing from jeans to dresses. We have a little bit of everything."
Leslie says items will be priced from $5 to $20.
The clothing and costume sale runs from noon to 4 p.m. tomorrow (Saturday) at the Kelowna Actors Studio, 1379 Ellis Street across from the downtown library.
Leslie says items usually go within the first couple of hours.
"Last time there was a line-up," adds Leslie.
Items that are not sold will be donated to other charitable organizations.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16