Sep 28, 2012 / 1:00 pm
The trial of three men charged with attempting to smuggle cocaine to Kelowna in a fruit grinder in 2010 is set to begin in April.
West Kelowna man Clifford Roger Montgomery (35), Tariq Mohammed Aslam (34) of Surrey, and Mexican national Victor Perez Rodriguez (43), also known as Salvador Ascencio-Chavez, will stand trial in B.C. Supreme Court April 2, 2013 to face multiple charges in connection with a 97-kilogram cocaine seizure at Vancouver International Airport Sept. 22, 2010.
The three each face multiple charges of possession for the purpose of trafficking and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
Canada Border Services Agency intercepted a Kelowna-bound fruit-grinding machine filled with the cocaine. The shipment originated in Argentina and arrived to Vancouver through the U.S.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14