Sep 28, 2012 / 10:00 am
Kelowna Mounties want to speak with a man in his 40s who offered a teenage girl a ride Wednesday morning.
At about 11:30, the girl says she was walking westbound on Springfield Road near Ziprick Road when a man yelled across four lanes of traffic offering her a ride.
Cst. Kris Clark says she declined and continued on her way.
"She observed the man's vehicle complete a u-turn and became frightened," says Clark.
"The girl was able to make her way to he destination and notified an adult who then called police."
The man is described as East Indian, in his 40s, with no head gear. He was driving an older red Dodge Caravan or minivan.
Clark says police are simply looking to speak with the man.
Police are also asking parents to speak with their children in an effort to increase safety awareness.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21