The Okanagan Fall Wine Festival kicked off over the weekend with some fantastic wine tasting events, and there is plenty more to come! Our wine festival offers us over 165 events during a period of 10 days. That’s quite a selection! There are grape stomp events like the one at House of Rose Winery (I Love Lucy, anyone?), which is a free event (they also ask you to bring a non-perishable item for the Food Bank). Or you can feast on harvest dishes paired expertly with local wines at wineries like Little Straw, Gray Monk, Summerhill, or Ex Nihilo.
Local restaurants also host their own wine festival events, like the Wild Apple Restaurant with its wine festival menu. Really, there are so many options of great events to enjoy. You can find them all listed on the Okanagan Wine Festival Society website. Insider tip: I have found the Search button to be very useful: I can put in which dates I’m looking for, which city I want to find events for, and pair my search down considerably that way. The Okanagan Fall Wine Festival runs now through October 7.
Even after wine festival has concluded, there will still be many occasions to enjoy our local wineries. Many of our local wineries are open for tours and tastings through October and even through the winter. You can always call our Visitor Counselors from Tourism Kelowna to get some ideas as to which wineries to visit, winery hours of operation and tour costs, and so on. Just stop in – you’re welcome anytime. The downtown Visitor Centre at 544 Harvey Ave and the Information Kiosk at the Kelowna International Airport are both operated by Tourism Kelowna.
Read more Ripe with Surprises articles
- A guide for all seasons Jan 6
- Fun Kelowna stocking stuffers Dec 9
- Stuart Park Rink to open very soon Nov 25
- A time for reflection Nov 11
- Corn mazes delight in Kelowna Oct 28
- Harvest fair coming soon Oct 14
- Grapes & grains trail Sep 30
- Kelowna alive with theatre this month Sep 16
- From Kelowna farms to your table Sep 2
- Beating the heat in Kelowna Aug 19
- Perfect summer hikes Aug 5
- Chefs bring Food Day Canada to market Jul 22
(Click for RSS instructions.)