Sep 27, 2012 / 11:48 am
Kelowna RCMP hope someone will come forward with information concerning a seemingly unprovoked attack on a senior Wednesday.
At about noon, RCMP were called to Spall Road and Harvey Avenue after receiving reports that a woman on a scooter had been assaulted.
Police say she was travelling northbound and attempted to pass a man on a the sidewalk when he suddenly struck her in the face.
The woman was nearly knocked to the ground and into traffic. She suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Several passersby stopped to assist, but say the suspect continued on his way without a second look.
He was last seen heading northbound on Spall before turning west onto Harvey Avenue.
He is described as a Caucasian in his 20s, approximately 5'10", 200 to 220 pounds with a medium to heavy build. He was clean shaven with short dark-brown hair.
The suspect was last seen wearing a long sleeve grey T-shirt with blue jeans and over-the-ear headphones.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18