Sep 26, 2012 / 3:33 pm
An elderly man has died as a result of injuries he sustained in a pedestrian collision Tuesday night on Springfield Road.
At about 8:30 p.m., Kelowna RCMP received a report of a pedestrian-involved motor vehicle incident on Springfield Road at Wilkinson Street.
Apparently, a 76 year old Kelowna man was crossing Springfield Road at a crosswalk when he was struck by a westbound Pontiac Sunfire.
The man was initially conscious and responsive when he was rushed to hospital, but his health quickly deteriorated.
He later succumbed to his injuries.
No charges have yet been laid and the investigation is ongoing.
Police are looking for witnesses to this incident and are asking anyone who has information and has not yet spoken with police to please call the Central Okanagan Traffic Services at 250-980-5353.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21