Vernon and North Okanagan
Sep 25, 2012 / 9:22 am
Another day - another grass fire in the Okanagan.
This one in the North Okanagan where crews from both the Vernon Fire Department and Ministry of Forests tackled a grass fire at Highway 97 and Bailey Road.
The fire broke out early Monday morning and, according to Vernon fire captain Rob Cucheran, crews were able to douse the fire fairly quickly.
"There was lots of grass and brush, but no trees in the area," says Cucheran.
"It is really dry out there."
The fire consumed about eight to 10 acres of grassland.
Cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Send photos and video to [email protected]
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Push ups to save wife's teeth Dec 5
- Water main break in Vernon Dec 5
- Lumby RCMP looking for volunteers Dec 5
- Enderby home destroyed by fire Dec 4
- Vernon man stabbed in his home Dec 4
- Salmon Arm home invasion Dec 3
- Icy roads keep Salmon Arm RCMP busy Dec 3