Sep 24, 2012 / 8:12 pm
A Minnesota woman says she was shocked when her small dog began caring for an abandoned kitten, then started producing milk and nursing the fuzzy grey stray to health.
Pat Weber says the kitten was days old when her grandson found it in the family's barn in early September in Jordan, about 40 miles southwest of Minneapolis.
She says the two-inch-long kitten was "ice cold." But she felt it move, so she wrapped the kitten in a warm towel. Then it began meowing, and her four-year-old Pekingese perked up.
The tawny pooch named Mittens began licking the kitten, who nuzzled in and began suckling. Mittens hadn't had puppies in two years, yet she eventually began producing milk. She's been nursing the kitten ever since.
Weber calls it a miracle.
Read more World News
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
- 60 injured as trains collide
- Bunga bunga girls dressed as sexy nuns
- Car bomb kills 9, wounds 70
- Who knocked up the anteater?
- Mom smashes into car to save child
- Alaska volcano continues to erupt
(Click for RSS instructions.)