Sep 24, 2012 / 6:25 pm
Fire crews are investigating what they believe was an electrical fire that evacuated the Strathcona wing of Kelowna General Hospital Monday evening. The fire was extinguished by hospital staff before fire crews arrived.
The Kelowna Fire Department says an electrical receptacle on the wall of a hallway may have caused the fire around 5 p.m.
Everyone in the building was evacuated safely.
The fire department was first alerted to the fire after someone inside the building pulled the fire alarm.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17
- Motorcycle, deer collide near Rutland Jun 16
- Bee gone Bernard honey makers Jun 16