Sep 24, 2012 / 4:33 pm
RCMP have seized 110 guns, busted three grow-ops and confiscated an array of drugs following a 14-month investigation into organized crime in northern BC.
The investigation focused on drug trafficking in Terrace, BC, located 1,300 kilometres north of Vancouver.
Police found more than 500 pot plants and a kilogram and a half of cocaine, as well as ecstasy, hashish, magic mushrooms and prescription drugs.
They say some of the guns were loaded and readily accessible when they conducted the raids.
Insp. Dana Hart of Terrace RCMP says the organized crime group involved posed a significant threat to the community of 11,000.
Dave Edwardsen is facing 11 drug trafficking and firearms offences and RCMP expect charges are coming against others.
Read more BC News
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
(Click for RSS instructions.)