Sep 20, 2012 / 11:07 pm
Westside Road had to be closed near the log boom just before Bear Creek Park after a wildfire broke out late Thursday evening.
The fire was burning on a hillside just off Westside Road and fire crews managed to bring the fire under control just after 11:00 p.m, the road was open around midnight.
Crews are now in the mop up stage.
Light winds are reported in the area and said to be adding to the difficulty fire crews are facing
At least eight fire engines are on the scene and the fire is visible from the road and can be seen burning up the hillside.
No homes are threatened at this time and emergency crews hope to gain the upper hand soon.
This is the second blaze to hit West Kelowna Thursday. Around 5 p.m. another fire had to be battled after sparks from a grinder ignited it.
If you have pictures or video, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9