Sep 20, 2012 / 1:25 pm
A two vehicle crash temporarily closed down Ellis Street at Gaston Avenue Thursday afternoon.
The crash occurred around 12:45 when one of the vehicles attempted to turn onto Ellis, but failed to yield the right of way to the other vehicle, which was heading south on Ellis.
The drivers suffered minor injuries and both vehicles suffered heavy damage in the T-bone collision, which blocked traffic for around half an hour before RCMP began letting traffic through.
An officer on the scene says the driver who pulled onto Ellis is accepting responsibility for the crash.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21