Sep 20, 2012 / 12:12 pm
A 42-year-old Kelowna man could face charges of production of a controlled substance despite having a medical marijuana licence.
Kelowna RCMP seized 171 marijuana plants and a half pound of bud after executing a search warrant on an apartment in the 2200 block of Benvoulin Road Wednesday.
Police say the occupant had a medical marijuana licence, but not for the apartment.
"Not only was the licence for a different address, but he had only been approved for just over half of the amount that was found growing," said Cst. Kris Clark.
Charges have not yet been laid as the investigation continues.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17