Sep 19, 2012 / 9:58 am
The District of West Kelowna has repaired the watermain break that occurred at approximately 3:30 p.m. yesterday, impacting water service in the Boucherie and Westlake Road area.
Repair crews worked overnight to perform the repairs.
As water service resumes, residents can expect discolored water and are advised to run their cold water taps or an outdoor tap for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
The District apologizes for any inconvenience caused by the service disruption. Crews working on the construction of the West Kelowna Wine Trail, which has blocked a portion of Boucherie Road since May, caused the water break.
"We lost water completely," said Winnipeg Road resident Ken Osborne.
He says he lost his water at about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday until early Wednesday morning.
Other residents said their water was discoloured.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11
- Hockeyville $$$ for a clock or sign Jun 10