Sep 18, 2012 / 7:10 am
A U.S. woman says the pet cat that sneaked into her luggage for a flight to Florida has returned home safely and seems unaffected by his surprise vacation.
Ethel Maze tells The Circleville Herald newspaper that Bob-Bob the cat spent 10 hours in a suitcase before she opened it last week. She says the cat was lethargic and wet from perspiration, and at first she thought he'd died.
Eventually the cat perked up, and he spent the week in a crate at Maze's hotel. He rode in a carrier near Maze's seat for the return flight.
The man who handled the bags for Maze's group at Port Columbus International Airport in Ohio told reporters he thought he saw the bag move but loaded it anyway.
Read more World News
- Oklahoma school takes direct hit
- James Caan revisits the '70s at Cannes
- Military sex abuse victims seek care
- Did North Korea launch missiles?
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- French gay marriage law signed
(Click for RSS instructions.)