Sep 17, 2012 / 7:57 pm
Neighbours of Southwind Drive were quick to dial 9-1-1 Monday morning, after spotting white smoke billowing from a home.
Fire crews arrived on scene to find flames in the crawl space of the house.
Platoon Captain Laurie Serries says he believes the furnace caused the fire, but that the incident was still under investigation.
"There is some smoke damage and some charring apparently underneath there. It melted one of the water lines underneath, so there will probably be some water damage as well."
No one was home at the time of the blaze. Depending on the damage to the home, the residents may be placed in the care of emergency services.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17
- Motorcycle, deer collide near Rutland Jun 16
- Bee gone Bernard honey makers Jun 16