Sep 17, 2012 / 6:31 am
Rescuers had to bring in a helicopter to take a 72-year-old woman to hospital after she fell while on a hike Sunday afternoon.
At 2 p.m. 14 members of Vernon Search and Rescue responded to a request from the RCMP and the BC Ambulance service to assist in the rescue of a hiker in the Pinnacles area east of Cherryville.
The female had fallen approximately seven metres and landed on her back. She was suffering from a possible broken pelvis, head lacerations and a back injury.
The Penticton Helicopter Extraction Team (HETS) was brought in to assist in the rescue.
We will have more details as they become available.
Read more North Okanagan News
- Cherryville manhunt May 13
- High water advisory in Shuswap ended May 13
- Auctioneer champs keep tradition alive May 10
- Murder suicide on the Shuswap May 8
- Fire at Monte Creek hit hard May 7