Sep 8, 2012 / 1:19 pm
BC Lions slotback Geroy Simon missed his first game in four years Saturday as his team hosted the Montreal Alouettes.
Simon, 36, was sidelined with a hamstring injury suffered eight days earlier in Montreal.
The CFL's all-time leading receiver sat out two practices during the week, but indicated that he planned to play.
But after a morning workout prior to the second of back-to-back meetings with the Als, he was held out of the lineup.
Simon last missed a game in 2008, when he sat out two in a row. Saturday's contest was only the fourth game he has missed since 2002.
Simon has caught 35 passes for 467 yards this year. He needs one more regular-season touchdown for 100 in his career.
Read more BC News
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
- BC First Nation threatens to block road
- Police rescue children locked inside cars
- Flood risk heightens, safety urged
(Click for RSS instructions.)