Sep 7, 2012 / 2:31 pm
An 18-year-old from Banff is facing potential assault charges after a confrontation with a school bus driver yesterday afternoon.
On September 6, at 3:30 p.m., the Kelowna RCMP received a report of an assault in progress in front of Kelowna Senior Secondary School, located at 1079 Raymer Avenue.
Apparently, a man in a black Jeep was speeding through the school zone and driving erratically. The bus driver noticed the dangerous driving behaviour and, knowing that children were at risk, engaged his stop sign and positioned his bus in an attempt to block the erratic driver.
The driver continued on his way but returned on foot to engage the bus driver in a physical confrontation. Police responded quickly to the scene and took the man into custody.
The teen faces a potential assault charge and was released on a Promise to Appear. He also received a ticket for Driving Without Due Care and Attention, which carries a fine of $368.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12