Sep 6, 2012 / 7:46 pm
Rihanna won video of the year for her sexy hit "We Found Love," but it was the fresh-faced boy band One Direction stole fans hearts during MTV's Video Music Awards.
The 2012 awards were scripted as lead-nominee Rihanna's night, but the teens in One Direction won three awards, including best pop video and best new artist Thursday night at The Staples Center in Los Angeles.
There was no signature moment as in year's past, but Rihanna's show-opening medley was one of the night's sauciest moments.
Other winners included Drake, whow as tied with Rihanna with five nominations apiece, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Coldplay, Calvin Harris and Demi Lovato.
Read more World News
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
(Click for RSS instructions.)