We’ve all noticed more sold signs in Kelowna, but have you noticed how many of those are on the water? Lakeshore sales are up year to date by 20% and August of 2012 saw an increase in the number of waterfront sales from August of 2011 by 450%!!
We are seeing an increase in the number of people buying homes from outside the Central Okanagan Board and those people often (but not always) spend more than the average house price.
19.4% of the buyers who bought real estate in July were from Alberta (this is up 13% from June) and 13.4% were from the Lower Mainland/Vancouver Island.
There are currently 143 single family lakeshore homes for sale in Kelowna ranging from $739,000 (Peachland, 90 feet of frontage older home) to $20,000,000 (Kelowna side, 120+ acres subdivision potential). Prices for lakeshore have come down considerably from the peak in 2008 and there are some lovely properties now available for well under $1.5 Million.
Prices for lakeshore will depend on a number of factors such as the frontage, how far out the property is situated, how sloped the property is and what the water is like (shallow, deep, sandy beach etc...).
Read more No Stone Left Unturned articles
- Winterizing your Okanagan Home Oct 17
- Feng Shui for Kelowna real estate Oct 4
- Price vs. Value Sep 14
- Saavy Buyers Want The Waterfront! Sep 7
- Selling your home? Use THIS, not that Jul 27
- The power of a pool! Jun 29
- Create curb appeal with ease Jun 8
- Tips for moving with your children Jun 1
- Why are people choosing Kelowna? May 18
- Downsize, not downgrade Apr 20
- Colour it sold! Mar 23
- Kelowna housing prices vs. elsewhere Mar 15
(Click for RSS instructions.)