Sep 5, 2012 / 10:57 am
Kelowna-Lake Country MLA, Norm Letnick was a beneficiary of a series of recent Liberal cabinet resignations.
Letnick, in his first term as MLA, was handed the prestigious Agriculture portfolio during a cabinet reshuffle announced Wednesday morning by Premier Christy Clark.
The reshuffle was made necessary after several key cabinet ministers, including Kevin Falcon, George Abbott, and Mary McNeil announced they would not run in next year's election and would step away from their cabinet post.
Along with Letnick, Central Okanagan MLAs Steve Thomson (Kelowna Mission) and Ben Stewart (Westside-Kelowna) were also appointed to cabinet.
Thomson retains Forests, Lands and Natural Resources while Stewart was named Minister of Citizens' Services and Open Government.
Mike de Jong replaces Falcon in Finance while Don McRae takes over from Abbott as the new Education Minister.
Castanet's Jen Zielinski talked with Letnick last Thursday about his chance for a cabinet post.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12
- Chain reaction accident on Hwy 97 May 11