Sep 4, 2012 / 1:36 pm
A 20-year-old Kelowna man involved in an early-morning crash on Highway 33 Tuesday faces potential impaired driving charges after blowing over twice the legal limit.
At 6 a.m., the RCMP received a report of a multiple vehicle collision on Highway 33 at Hollywood Road.
Witnesses indicated that a yellow Audi was eastbound on Highway 33 when it attempted to make a left-hand turn at Hollywood Road despite the oncoming traffic.
A westbound Chevy pickup impacted the Audi The force of the collision redirecting the truck into a traffic light pole on Hollywood Road.
The driver apparently smelled of liquor, failed a roadside test, and later provided breath samples of more than twice the legal limit.
The 20-year-old Kelowna man was released on a Promise to Appear for Court in December and faces potential impaired driving charges.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16