Sep 4, 2012 / 3:22 pm
The woman accused of three counts of attempted murder and one count of robbery after a wild chase and shoot out with police, is out on bail.
Ashley Collins, 19, of Kelowna, was released on $5000 bail on August 24.
Collins was arrested with Shawn Adam Wysynski and Michael Edward Ellis following a high speed chase down Westside Road on July 31. RCMP reported being shot at during the chase.
The suspects managed to high-jack three vehicles during the chase, which ended near the Swan Lake turnoff close to Vernon, after police deployed a spike belt.
Wysynski and Ellis were arrested without incident, while Collins was taken to hospital after suffering a gun shot wound.
All three are set to appear in a Kelowna courtroom on September 17 for an arraignment hearing. Wysynski and Ellis will appear by video from the Kamloops Correctional Centre while Collins is set to appear in person.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19