Sep 4, 2012 / 11:17 am
The Associated Press has learned that Mitt Romney's presidential campaign has raised at least $100 million in August for the third consecutive month.
The early numbers, which include money raised by the national Republican Party, will be publicly released next week. They were described by two people familiar with the figures who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to share internal campaign matters.
The disclosure comes after Romney and the Republicans outraised President Barack Obama's reelection effort in May, June and July, including money collected by the Democratic Party.
Obama's advisers are now publicly acknowledging the president will likely be outspent.
Read more World News
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
- Did cheese fight lead to poisoning?
- Photographer describes kids' rescue
- Singer, 18, now up in the Clouds
- White House staff knew of tax probe
- Penn urges US to pressure Bolivia
- Missing in Mexico
- United Airlines resumes 787 flights
- Jackson concerts cost AEG $24M
(Click for RSS instructions.)