Sep 4, 2012 / 9:45 am
It was not the best start to the new school year for a Westbank family.
A mother and three children are without a home after fire ripped through their mobile home in the Princess Mobile Home Park on Boucherie Road.
Tracy Teal and her kids have lost almost everything, but they did not lose the family pets. Her dogs were taken in by neighbours and fireman rescued the family's three guinea pigs.
"I'm just so thankful that they are all ok and nobody was hurt, the rest is replaceable," says Tracy Teal as she was holding one of the rescued guinea pigs.
The call came in just before 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Fortunately, no one was inside the home at the time of the fire.
The home is a complete loss.
No word on a possible cause.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9