Sep 4, 2012 / 9:45 am
It was not the best start to the new school year for a Westbank family.
A mother and three children are without a home after fire ripped through their mobile home in the Princess Mobile Home Park on Boucherie Road.
Tracy Teal and her kids have lost almost everything, but they did not lose the family pets. Her dogs were taken in by neighbours and fireman rescued the family's three guinea pigs.
"I'm just so thankful that they are all ok and nobody was hurt, the rest is replaceable," says Tracy Teal as she was holding one of the rescued guinea pigs.
The call came in just before 9 a.m. Tuesday.
Fortunately, no one was inside the home at the time of the fire.
The home is a complete loss.
No word on a possible cause.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11
- Hockeyville $$$ for a clock or sign Jun 10