Sep 3, 2012 / 10:45 pm
A horrific two vehicle collision at Bartley and Hwy. 97 in West Kelowna sent four people to hospital Monday night. The accident happened around 8:30 p.m.
A mother and her young child who were in a mini van were taken to Kelowna General Hospital. A female and male from a white sedan were also whisked away in ambulances.
The mini van was travelling northbound on Hwy. 97 when it collided with the white sedan. Witnesses say the white car was turning left onto Bartley from Hwy. 97.
RCMP at the scene say it is probable that both vehicles were running yellow lights.
Hwy. 97 was blocked off to northbound traffic as RCMP investigated the crash scene.
All traffic heading into West Kelowna was moving and no lanes were blocked. Traffic heading into Kelowna was being detoured at Bartley around the twisted wrecks.
Both vehicles suffered severe front-end damage. One witness reported seeing the mini-van do a 360 in the air after the collision.
There are no reports on how serious the injuries are.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9