Sep 3, 2012 / 10:00 am
Authorities in Nigeria say they arrested a man at an international airport who was bringing in roasted chicken with unusual stuffing: $150,000 worth of cocaine.
National Drug Law Enforcement Agency spokesman Mitchell Ofoyeju said Monday that suspect Vincent Chegini Chinweuwa arrived at Lagos' Murtala Muhammed International Airport this weekend from Sao Paolo in Brazil.
Ofoyeju said Chinweuwa told investigators he had hoped to start a business in Nigeria with the drug money.
Chinweuwa could not immediately be reached for comment as he remained in custody of the anti-drug agency Monday. Ofoyeju said Chinweuwa had yet to hire a lawyer.
Nigeria is a major transit point for drugs coming from Latin America and going to Europe and the US.
Read more World News
- Early results in Iran presidential election
- Newtown, Conn: six months later
- Boston woman pays $560K to park
- 2 found dead from Colo. wildfire
- Chemical plant explosion kills 1, 70 hurt
- Nazi SS commander found in Minnesota
- Syria's Assad used chemical weapons
- Colorado wildfire destroys 360 homes
- 93,000 confirmed killed in Syrian conflict
- 18-inch reptile found relaxing in puddle
- Jellyfish sting ends distance swim
- Fight for lung transplant successful
(Click for RSS instructions.)