Sep 2, 2012 / 10:16 pm
Organizers of the National Buffalo Wing Festival say competitive eater Joey Chestnut has devoured a record 191 chicken wings in 12 minutes.
Chestnut set the record Sunday during a wing-eating contest at the annual festival in Buffalo. He beat the old record of 183 wings, set last year by Sonya Thomas, the Black Widow.
Earlier this year, the San Jose, California, resident won his sixth straight Fourth of July hot dog-eating contest at Coney Island with 68 dogs in 10 minutes.
The weekend wing festival in Buffalo also included servings of 100 different styles of wings and live music
Read more World News
- Race on to find tornado survivors
- Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral
- 14 Afghan police killed in day of attacks
- Tornado death toll now at 24
- Did cheese fight lead to poisoning?
- Photographer describes kids' rescue
- Singer, 18, now up in the Clouds
- White House staff knew of tax probe
- Penn urges US to pressure Bolivia
- Missing in Mexico
- United Airlines resumes 787 flights
- Jackson concerts cost AEG $24M
(Click for RSS instructions.)