Sep 2, 2012 / 10:15 pm
A wandering deer found himself in hot water after stepping on a pool cover and making a big splash in the backyard of a Colorado home.
Homeowner Scott Smith says he found the buck in his ground-level pool Sunday morning trying to wrestle his way out of the pool cover. Smith says he had no idea when the deer wandered onto the patio in the backyard of his Colorado Springs home.
KOAA-TV reports that firefighters built a ramp to help the animal out. Photos show the buck was coaxed out of the pool with rope to guide his way up the ramp.
The deer ran off as soon as he got out of the water, some four hours after he was discovered in the pool.
Read more World News
- No more Bronx 'ghetto' tours
- Suicide bomber takes cadets hostage
- Face transplant saves man's life (photo)
- 80-year-old stands on top of the world
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
- Trial set for Costa Concordia captain
- Climbers aged 80 & 81 race up Everest
- Search for tornado survivors nears end
(Click for RSS instructions.)