Sep 1, 2012 / 11:42 am
Highway 97 near Prince George remains closed at this hour following a deadly early morning accident.
A paramedic on his way to work in a pickup truck was clipped by an older model Chrysler early Saturday morning.
Police say the Chrysler was driving erratically before it hit the truck and flipped, tumbling off the highway.
The driver was ejected from his car during the crash and died at the scene.
The driver of the truck was not injured, but was sent to a nearby hospital for examination as a precaution.
Police say speed, alcohol and not using a seatbelt look to be the main causes of the crash and death.
(The Canadian Press)
Read more BC News
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
(Click for RSS instructions.)