Sep 1, 2012 / 8:32 am
A one hectare grass fire which broke out Friday afternoon near Green Lake Road in Okanagan Falls is all but out.
"It's totally contained," says Okanagan Falls Deputy Fire Chief Rob Oliver.
"It's just a mop out right now. They had crews out there twice last night and then a crew going out there this morning just to finish it off."
Oliver added the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
The fire department was aided by nine forestry members when the blaze broke out around 3:00 p.m.
Fire Information Officer Michaela Swan says they also sent a helicopter and air tanker to the scene.
The flames threatened a number of homes, however the quick response prevented any damage or injuries.
Okanagan Falls grass fire-Aug 31, 2012
Read more South Okanagan News
- Challenges with Family Life Program Jun 12
- Ashton, Larson sworn into legislature Jun 11
- Olalla burn victim still in hospital Jun 11
- People told to get out of their homes Jun 11
- Explosion in Olalla Jun 10