Aug 31, 2012 / 7:45 pm
Admirers from around the world are paying tribute to Princess Diana at the Paris tunnel where she was killed in a car crash 15 years ago.
Tourists prayed in front of the Flame of Liberty monument to Diana above the site. Flowers, photos and messages were piled around.
British visitor Patricia Williams said Friday that Diana "became an icon. She was a very beautiful woman and things have passed on now. But Charles is now happy and I hope her sons have come to terms with it."
Princess Diana and her partner Dodi Al Fayed died when the Mercedes they were in plowed into a pillar in the Alma Tunnel on Aug. 31, 1997. French police said driver Henri Paul, who also died, had been drinking heavily and was speeding.
Read more World News
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
(Click for RSS instructions.)