Aug 31, 2012 / 4:58 pm
Child pornography charges are stacking up against a man in the Fraser Valley, and the Mounties say they are concerned there may be even more victims.
James Osell, 43, was charged with possession-of-child-pornography-related offences after police in Chilliwack executed a search warrant and seized items from his home last April.
A second investigation led to Osell's arrest on Aug. 22 in Abbotsford and he is now facing nine more charges related to the sexual assault of children.
"These charges are more significant in the sense that we have evidence of what we alleged is hands-on abuse of children by Mr. Osell," said Cpl. Mathias Van Laer, of the Internet Child Exploitation team.
New charges against Osell include two counts each of sexual assault, sexual exploitation and sexual interference.
Van Laer said the man is also charged with one additional count each of possession of child pornography and accessing child pornography, as well as one count of voyeurism.
"We have already received a call from a person claiming to have been a victim of Osell in the past and we encourage anyone in that situation to come forward," he said.
Van Laer said if adults come forward, who claim they were victimized by Osell when they were children, their actions may help support the current children who might be affected by the case.
Osell was in custody and due to make a court appearance Friday.
Read more BC News
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
(Click for RSS instructions.)