Aug 31, 2012 / 12:35 pm
A 60-year-old Kaleden man has died as a result of a mountain-biking accident near Penticton.
The BC Coroners Service has identified the deceased as Guy Joseph Du Vent.
Du Vent was reported missing by his wife August 27 after he failed to return from a mountain-biking expedition in the area known as 'Three Blind Mice' along the Naramata Bench.
He was located, injured, by Search and Rescue personnel and transported to Kelowna General Hospital.
Du Vent was unable to recover from his injuries and was pronounced dead August 29.
The Coroners Service is continuing to investigate his death.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Nature festival returns to Okanagan May 10
- Dix praises Cannings in Summerland May 8
- Broken bones are part of toddler's life May 6
- Centre for owl rehab holds open house May 4
- Dogs poisoned in West Bench May 3