Aug 31, 2012 / 12:20 pm
RCMP in Salmon Arm have taken down a significant marijuana grow operation near the tiny community of Tappen.
According to police, a home on Vella Road near Tappen was raided Thursday where in excess of 1,300 plants were seized.
The grow operation was secreted in an underground bunker below a derelict building.
Police arrested one man on the property.
His name will not be released until formal charges have been approved by Crown.
RCMP say the grow operation was being powered by a hydro bypass system.
Criminal charges of theft of electricity will be forwarded to Crown in addition to recommended drug charges.
Read more North Okanagan News
- Fire at Monte Creek hit hard May 7
- Hwy. 1 reopens near Chase May 7
- Man presumed drowned in the Shuswap May 6
- $70,000 in stolen goods recovered May 6
- Home invasion with bats and knives May 3