Aug 31, 2012 / 10:54 am
An 80-year-old Kelowna woman has died of injuries suffered in a single vehicle crash in southern Colorado late Thursday afternoon.
Shirley Goode was apparently travelling near mile marker 13 on Highway 96 about 10 miles east of Westcliffe, Colorado, when her vehicle left the road and hit a tree.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Goode was the lone occupant of the vehicle.
No other vehicles were involved.
Colorado State Troopers are investigating.
According to a neighbour, Goode is a widow.
Along with living in Kelowna she also owns a ranch in Colorado
Castanet will have more information as details become available.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13