Aug 31, 2012 / 8:03 am
A U.S. supermarket employee killed two people as he entered the store early Friday and then fatally shot himself, officials said.
The 23-year-old fired at the first workers he saw, killing an 18-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man as other workers hid, Middlesex County Prosecutor Bruce Kaplan said.
He then killed himself, said Kaplan, who did not release the name of the gunman or either victim.
At least 16 rounds were fired, some breaking the front windows of the Pathmark store in Old Bridge, New Jersey.
Authorities said an AK-47, extra ammunition and a handgun were found at the scene.
The motive was being investigated.
Read more World News
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
- Google CEO explains health issues
(Click for RSS instructions.)