Aug 29, 2012 / 12:25 pm
West Kelowna RCMP have taken down what they term a sophisticated marijuana grow operation in the municipality.
Police were alerted to the potential of a grow-operation in the 3500 block of Ashley Court after receiving a tip regarding a theft of hydro.
RCMP raided the home Tuesday when they discovered a hydro bypass as well as a sophisticated grow operation throughout the house.
In all, 653 marijuana plants in various stages of production were seized.
Police also arrested a 49-year-old West Kelowna man at the home.
The suspect faces charges of Theft of Electricity, Production of a Controlled Substance and Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking.
He's been released on a Promise to Appear at a later date.
If you have photos or video send them to email@example.com
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10