Aug 28, 2012 / 3:43 pm
One man was taken to Kelowna General Hospital after he crashed his motorcycle Tuesday afternoon.
The crash occurred around 3 p.m., on Main Street between Elliott and Brown Roads in Westbank.
Cst. Micha Yakonowsky of the Kelowna Integrated Road Safety Unit says the rider fell unexpectedly.
"What appears to have happened here this afternoon is a single motorcycle accident in the (left) lane. It appears that the motorcycle fell on its side for an unknown reason."
There was a small amount of blood visible on the road after the crash, and Yakonowsky says the driver was transported to hospital with an ankle injury, but added the extent of his injuries was undetermined at the time.
Southbound traffic on Highway 97 was slowed until the crash scene could be cleaned up.
This is the second motorcycle crash on the westside in two days.
Late Monday afternoon, a 30-year-old Surrey man died when his motorcycle crashed head-on with an SUV on Westside Road.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11
- Hockeyville $$$ for a clock or sign Jun 10