Aug 26, 2012 / 1:09 pm
Authorities are investigating after a fire burned down the Waldun Forest Products mill in Ruskin, just east of Maple Ridge last night.
Mark Smitton of the Maple Ridge Fire Department says the first calls came in just after midnight Sunday.
He says there was a security guard at the mill when the fire broke out, but the guard was not in the mill itself.
The mill's owner, Kirk Nagy says the operation employs about 60 people.
Nagy says now he's looking for short-term production facilities to help fill his orders.
Authorities say they don't know the cause of the fire, but are investigating.(CKNW)(News 1130)
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)