Aug 26, 2012 / 1:09 pm
Authorities are investigating after a fire burned down the Waldun Forest Products mill in Ruskin, just east of Maple Ridge last night.
Mark Smitton of the Maple Ridge Fire Department says the first calls came in just after midnight Sunday.
He says there was a security guard at the mill when the fire broke out, but the guard was not in the mill itself.
The mill's owner, Kirk Nagy says the operation employs about 60 people.
Nagy says now he's looking for short-term production facilities to help fill his orders.
Authorities say they don't know the cause of the fire, but are investigating.(CKNW)(News 1130)
Read more BC News
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
(Click for RSS instructions.)