Aug 20, 2012 / 9:02 pm
Police are asking for the public's help in locating the 1907 Stanley Cup Championship Banner.
Ontario Provincial Police say the banner was stolen from the Whitecap Pavilion in Kenora, Ont., sometime between Friday evening and Saturday morning.
The burgundy and white banner is about two metres long and a little under a metre wide.
The Kenora Thistles defeated the Montreal Wanderers to win the Stanley Cup in 1907.
Police say a Canadian flag and a Los Angeles Kings Stanley Cup flag were also stolen.
Anyone with information is asked to contact provincial police or Crime Stoppers.
Read more Canada News
- Ford folly cracks up late night TV
- RCMP families want help
- Liberals want hearings on Harper's office
- Mother yells as driver appears in court
- Ford to crack open scandal today
- Rally calls for end to ties with monarchy
- Village mourns fishermen
- Wind turbine proposal for Juno Beach
- PM's new chief of staff
- Anarchist 'panda' leads a new fight
- Warm summer forecast for Canada
- Hidden camera nails care home workers